Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Newbie to Hanguns

I like your thought pattern...The 25 Dec 2014 10:44 #11318

• ndabrens
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 272
So sorry. Wayyy too much eggnog. Not an acceptable reason to be rude. Agreed.
Nick Dabrensky
Account Manager - Hilti North America
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
403-471-5553
CCFR Member
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hello! 25 Dec 2014 11:29 #11319

• unregistered
  • Elite Member
  • Who is Charlie Mike?
  • Thank you received: 289
Welcome to our little community!

The best thing to do is to check out the fantastic information we have under "Become a member".

Get a feeling for the division you'd like to shoot. Although lots of people start off in Production division (which would require a firearm that is on the official "allowed" list), that isn't always the division you may ultimately wish to shoot in.

We have a indoor match coming up soon in Calgary - Jan 18 I believe. If you can make it out, I definitely recommend coming out to the match and just chatting with people. Everyone will be more than happy to share their experiences with you. If you are based out the Edmonton region, Phoenix range on 50 St has league nights that will resume in the new year. I'll be there, along with many other shooters, and we can definitely show you what we use.

I will say that whilst a .22 option for your handgun sounds like a fantastic idea, in my opinion there really is limited practical use. Dry fire (practising using an empty gun at home) will cover the fundamentals of shooting, and live fire (at the range) you really will want to do in the same calibre as what you would shoot at matches.
Jeff Cheng
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chemtrailer
  • Page:

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions