Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IPSC Standard Pistol

IPSC Standard Pistol 29 Sep 2015 13:58 #13672

• Horse96
Hello,

I am looking to move into Standard Division within the next couple of years. So thought I'd keep my eye out for deals in the meantime. I was looking into the STI Edge. It looks great and seems to be the popular go to. But being a 1911, and hearing that sometime 1911's can be finicky (gearscout.militarytimes.com/2011/06/08/r...buy-your-first-1911/) I was wondering what other options there are? I was looking at the Tanfoglio Xtreme Limited Custom. There also is the CZ Tactical Sport. .40 s&w would be my caliber of choice.

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

IPSC Standard Pistol 29 Sep 2015 14:10 #13673

• pilgrim
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 48
If I were you I would go with STI Edge. I shot it for a good 1.5 seasons and had no mulfunctions at all........ Great gun, but make sure you use an old stile mags (high cap) instead of new variant sold in Canada now. And BTW: it is not a 1911, but 2011 ;) makes a difference ;)
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is Final!
Last Edit: 29 Sep 2015 14:11 by pilgrim.

IPSC Standard Pistol 29 Sep 2015 22:11 #13679

• Chemtrailer
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't "+2" me!!
  • Thank you received: 406
I believe Walter has a used STI Edge for consignment sale.
Also, check out the "For Sale" forum and you'll see a Tanfoglio Limited Custom II with mags for sale as well.

Regardless of what you purchase, it may very likely require some tuning or TLC to get it running smooth and flawlessly.
YMMV.
Is this thing on?

Member Login

By logging in, I agree to the Terms & Conditions